Monday, May 30, 2005

Missing

Lost: One mind. If found please contact Randi Holt. Thank You.

For heavens sake, I can’t find ANYTHING!!! Since my sapphire fiasco, everything I touch seems to go missing.

Wednesday the 25th was our last Girl Scout meeting. We had a HUGE luau and took many photos. After clean up, I headed straight home, unloaded the van and chilled for a bit. When I fianlly decided to put everything away, I realized my camera was missing. I thought I had grabbed it, but I guess not. I jumped in the van and headed back to the hut, but found nothing. I am pretty sure no troops met after us, but who knows. The camera is gone. (Chill Al, I’ll find it). Such a bummer too because Ashton and Kayl took some killer pictures of me and Kim (like I need more of those).

Thought I lost my I-POD, can you imagine?! I can’t live without that thing. I went on a mad search of the house last night after the kids went to bed. Found it, thank heaven….but it had been missing since Friday.

Lost my set of keys on Saturday morning, but had found them by Sunday afternoon.

Now I can’t seem to find the coat hooks I picked up for the kids rooms. I’ve searched all the logical places, and some not so logical places….but to no avail. And I was so excited about hanging them this morning.

What is going on here? Oddly enough, I usually plunge head first into a panic attack when I can’t find something. It’s been that way for years. Keys missing? Search a bit then stand in the center of the living room spinning in circles and hyperventilating. Call Kim or my mom, calm down, search again.

Not this time. For the last couple of weeks I have been strangely calm. For heavens sake….I’ve lost my sapphire and a $500.00 digital camera all within a week of each other and I’m not yet hospitalized for observation. Something is very wrong here.

Perhaps I have finally perfected the art of desensitization. Even this morning as I sat discussing Ashton’s homework habits (or lack there of). She was her usual defensive self, yelling that it wasn’t her fault. I was calm and collected. I allowed her to rant and rave and then calmly explained my point of view.

Now honestly….anyone who knows us knows that Ashton and I are one in the same. Both stubborn, both hardheaded, both have to be in control, and both must always have the last word. I, like Ashton, do not take being yelled at very well. We tend to get into a battle of the wills, and always seem to end up so pissed we can’t be in the same room. (Man I love that girl….she is her mother’s daughter).

Anyway, this morning was completly unlike me. I stayed calm and quiet while she gave excuse after excuse about why she doesn't bring her homework HOME. She probably left for school thinking aliens had invaded in the night and swapped her mother for a look alike.

This is so odd, this more relaxed side of me. Nice, but odd. It will take a little getting used to. I really do hope the calmer me decides to stick around for a while. I just wish I could find my camera.

5 comments:

... said...

Apparently you have just entered my world...good luck.

Anonymous said...

I looked, no minds around here. Well, at least not any functional ones.

Ronda said...

What!! No more grandkid pictures!!! This is not good:(

Anonymous said...

I know you lost my phone number as you were supposed to make sure your dad and I were good grandparents and call us on Kayl's birthday. (note to all, we were not home and unable to call). Urghhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Randi, you need to do what your great grandma Bull used to tell me to do and just say God you know where it is just please lead me to it. It always seems to work for me. Also, I cannot for the life of me understand where Ash gets that attitude from! I know no one like that!!!